Relocation is not only stressful but rather expensive process. No matter how thrifty you are, you can’t but should spend money on moving. Even if you don’t hire professional movers, there are still a lot of things that need cash. The following information may be helpful for those who are going to change the place of living. With its help, you can figure out the size of payment.
Variant #1. Relocation with professional movers
If you want to have as smooth moving as possible, it’s better to hire experts. They are ready to do everything you want. Yet, it’s very important to choose the company carefully and study the documents. You have to know what you are going to pay for.
The professional companies offer a wide range of services. It’s possible to order the full package or definite options only. The main services you need include the following:
- Packing your belongings;
- Downloading and uploading the boxes;
- Transporting your stuff;
- Rearranging and organizing your furniture and appliances;
- Cleaning up.
There are a lot of various additional options. They may include box delivery, custom-made crates, storage service, extra coverage. The specialists of the company are ready to provide you with in-home consultation, too. It’s the best way to figure out the proper number of workers and approximately time.
The final bill depends on how much belongings you possess, how far you are going, and the number of additional options. When it comes to short-distance relocation, the company charges clients per hour. The cost is about $30-50 per mover per hour. The experts work from 3 to 7 hours. The approximate bill is about $500-600. When it comes to long-distance relocation, the final bill may vary from $2,000-5,000.
Variant #2. Moving by yourself
When you decide to save your money and give up the services of the experienced mover, you can’t even imagine how many expenditure items are needed.
- Packing supplies. You have to buy boxes, containers, wrapping paper, and tapes. You need up to 10 boxes if you have a 1-bedroom dwelling. When it comes to 3-bedroom house, the number of containers is about 30. Yet, it’s possible to get free boxes in the nearest store;
- Renting the truck. Even a short-distance move is impossible without a truck. You have to pay for rent, as well as for gas. The longest your way is, the longest bill you get;
- If you are moving long-distance, breaks in driving are the must. You have to book the rooms in hotels, as well as buy snacks in the cafe.
It’s important to remember about insurance. No matter limited your budget is or not, it’s worth getting good insurance. You have to keep in mind that changing place of living itself is not your only expenditure. Renting a new dwelling and other costs of living need cash.
In conclusion, it should be highlighted that it’s important to plan your budget carefully if you are going to relocate. It takes a lot of time and money.