Florida and Washington are two absolutely different states. They have far more diversities than similarities. The relocation from Florida to Washington State can be a rather stressful and exhausting process. Before hiring long-distance movers, you have to consider the following points.
- Climate conditions. Perhaps, it’s the most striking difference between the states. The residents of FL are lucky to enjoy the warm sunlight almost annually. When you come to The Evergreen State, you’ll definitely experience the lack of sun. The average winter and summer temperatures differ greatly. For instance, in July the temperature is usually about 89 degrees in FL whereas in Washington it’s only about 76 degrees. You have to stock warm clothes, too. In January, the temperature reaches the point of 37 degrees. In comparison to those of 61 in Florida, the weather is really cold. You may forget about heavy Miami storms that finish in no time. In Western Washington, it drizzles for months.
- Cost of living. Relocation itself is rather expensive. Yet, you should be ready to pay a fortune for house rent. In Washington, the prices are significantly higher. However, health services are cheaper there.
- Job market. The levels of unemployment are the same in both states. Washington provides different business opportunities while in Florida, tourism is one of the most developed niches.
Tips to Make the Relocation Smoother
The best way to survive the moving is to hire professional and experienced moving company. The following options are available:
- packing the belongings. The interstate relocation is always connected with transferring of a huge number of things. You can save a lot of time if you order the packing option;
- downloading and uploading of the boxes;
- transferring the belongings. You have to cross almost the whole country to get to Washington from Florida. The movers are good at avoiding traffic jams. It will help you to save time. Doing it by yourself could be rather complicated.
One of the most important things is picking up the appropriate area to move. Washington has many cities and towns. The most comfortable for living are the following places:
No matter which place you choose, you always have to keep your dwelling well-lit for the really long rainy periods. You should also check that your new house doesn’t have any mold issue.
The Evergreen State offers the newcomers diverse entertainments. Perhaps, it’s one of the rare places where you can ski and swim in the ocean within one day.
To sum it up, it should be noticed that you have to plan your relocation carefully. It’s better to communicate with experienced movers and get acquainted with local. Otherwise, all you get would be disappointment and negative emotions.